The Quaker Family History Society was formed in 1993 and
is a member of the Federation of Family History Societies.
Our aim is to encourage and assist anyone interested in
tracing the history of Quaker families in the British Isles. We are based in Britain, so do not claim any
expertise on the history of Quakers outside Britain.|
Although we are not a Quaker organisation, we are a recognised external body for the purposes of Britain Yearly Meeting
(of the Society of Friends). QFHS membership is open to anyone interested in the history of British or Irish Quakers,
whether they themselves are members or attenders of the Society of Friends, or non-members with no personal connection.
Our members include:
- Family historians with Quaker ancestors
- Friends with an interest in history, including that of
their local meeting
- Those who wish to learn about their British Quaker
- three issues of our Journal, Quaker
Connections a year
- a chance to meet others with similar
interests at our AGM in central London in
June or July, and at one-day meetings, which are held in
the Spring and Autumn at various locations
Applicants for the QFHS Margaret Bennett Small Research
- (click here).
The Quaker Family History Society (QFHS) respects your privacy
and is committed to protecting your personal data.
and how the law protects you.
The full policy is available to view or download here or clicking on 'Privacy' below. It is based on the Federation of Family History Society’s privacy template provided to help member societies like ours.
A summary only is provided here.
- QFHS respects your personal data and takes its protection seriously
- we do not generally rely on consent for processing your personal data as such data is necessarily held in respect of membership of the society
- it won’t be passed on to third parties for commercial reasons
- you can ask to see the personal data at any time
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost,
used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your membership.
© 2003-20 Quaker Family History Society, registered charity 1100843
- These pages may be freely linked to but may not
reproduced in any
- form without written permission from the Quaker Family